Keeping things clean has never been as crucial as it is now. You’ve heard all the advice about washing your hands for 20 seconds frequently and not touching your face, but what about keeping your home clean and virus free? Read on to see our two steps to keep you, your home and your family safe during the Covid-19 pandemic with a little help from CYCLE.
Step 1: Remove Dust, Dirt, and Limescale from Surfaces
Dust and dirt give germs more space to live, not to mention dust can also transfer viruses through the air and your house more easily. Before you disinfect everything, it’s important to clean away any dust, dirt, grime, or limescale to reduce the risk of viruses and germs settling on them and getting transported around the house. Cleaning won’t kill germs, but it does lower their number and reduces the chance of infection spreading.
- Use a disposable paper towel or cloth you can throw away immediately after using.
- Use an eco-friendly and powerful cleaning product, like CYCLE, to remove dirt, dust, and limescale.
Step 2: Disinfect Every Area
Once you’ve cleaned the surfaces around the house, it’s time to disinfect. Disinfecting uses chemicals that kill germs, but alone does not clean the surfaces or remove viruses, so it’s most effective when you combine cleaning with disinfecting. Wait a bit between cleaning and disinfecting to let the cleaner dry up - don’t mix solutions as these can be risky if there is a chemical reaction.
According to the official recommendations, the products the best for disinfecting your house include:
- Most household disinfectants.
- Diluted household bleach made with five tablespoons per gallon of water.
- Alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol.
There are few things to also bear in mind to get the best germ-free results in your home:
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, like table tops, phones, computer keyboards, door handles, light switches, countertops, sinks, and faucets, daily.
- You may want to use gloves when cleaning, either go for disposable gloves or if you’d rather be more environmentally friendly keep a pair exclusive for cleaning purposes and disinfect those often, too. Wash hands with soap and hot water for 20 seconds immediately after taking off your gloves.
At CYCLE we believe your health comes first. That’s why we are working to bring you cleaning products that are not only environmentally sustainable, but get the job done so you can enjoy a cleaner home that’s easier to keep germ-free!